Saturday, March 13, 2010

Words...

Today was a very interesting day. Started with a wake up call from my overall excited mother, attended a Women's Meeting at my mother's church, went to the scrapbook store which seemed to become my mother's earthly heaven, spend three hours surrounded by mid-aged women who enjoy matching different pretty paper together and putting family pictures on it. After that enjoyed a hour of down time only to get back on the road for a trip to the movies. the climax of my night was my mother telling me I embarrass her because of how I look.

Parents please please PLEASE watch what you say and how you say it to your teens. Some times it is your words that are hurtful and other times its the way you say it. You could be saying the very thing we need to hear but if your delivery is wrong they will never receive the main message. I love my mother with all my heart but it hurts me hoe she talks to me sometimes. I have learned to tune her out when she started her verbal attacks.

Live and Love. If no one loves you love yourself. Tell yourself how beautiful and wonderful you are. My prayer for tonight is that we all find our self-worthy in Jesus Christ.

Much Love,
words hurt

No comments:

Post a Comment